Explore a Career at Beyond the Bean
We're not your average company. Here at Beyond the Bean we are passionately independent and our family values run deep. If you think you're the right fit for the team Bean check out the open opportunities below.
Business Development Executive / Manager role at Beyond the Bean
Are you passionate about food and drink? Do you enjoy visiting great coffee shops and restaurants in your free time? If the answer is yes, we have an exciting new role at Beyond the Bean that’s for you!
We are looking for ambitious individuals who want to be part of an exciting Bristol based company, working with us feels like being part of a big family and we like to keep things fun.
You will get to work with a great bunch of people, who are truly passionate about offering first class products and service to our customers at an independent, family-owned company that’s globally recognised. We do what we love which is creating and sourcing innovative ingredients. We supply and support a wide range of partners – from high-street chains and independent coffee shops, to online retailers and coffee roasters, bars, hotels, and restaurants all over the world. Launched in 1997 we are celebrating our 25th anniversary this year! www.beyondthebean.com
Our brands include:
Sweetbird – Coffee Syrups, Frappe powders, Smoothies and more.
ZUMA – Hot Chocolates, Chai powders, Matcha and more.
Blendtec – The best high-performance blenders in the UK.
Bristol Syrup Co. – Cocktail syrups made for the best bars in the UK.
We are open to a variety of experience and will consider all applications, ideally you will either have some hospitality experience working in Coffee shops, restaurants, etc. or have some customer service experience; we are also looking for recent graduates who want to kickstart their career.
As a Business Development Executive or Manager (depending on experience) your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a ledger of accounts who will come to you as first point of contact.
- Supporting your customers with their seasonal menus, helping them in creating and launching exciting new ideas (training will be provided).
- Supporting the team at trade events including The London Coffee Festival, World of Coffee, and others.
- Providing day to day admin support to the UK and International sales team.
- Collation and running of weekly and monthly reports.
- Working closely with the rest of the sales team and other departments to ensure customer requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with both current and potential new accounts to grow the business.
We are looking for the following attributes and skills:
- A team player, who is customer focussed and has a can-do attitude.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Well organised and enthusiastic individual, with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel.
- Confident communication skills over telephone and email, with customers as well as co-workers.
- Administrative experience welcomed.
- Comfortable working to deadlines.
- Customer service or Hospitality experience.
Please contact us for a full Job Description and more details about the role!
- Good IT, Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Team player.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- A can do, positive attitude.
- Based within walking, driving or public transport distance of the Bristol office.
- Valid driving licence.
- Competitive salary plus Bonus scheme
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Health Insurance (after completion of 1 year)
- Lots of socials and endless delicious drinks!