Job Title: Operations Excellence Manager
Reporting To: Head of Technical Operations
Location: Bristol, UK
ABOUT BEYOND THE BEAN
For over 20 years we have built solid and sustainable relationships with our customers by delivering great products to make coffee and great ingredients to enhance it. Through building long term partnerships, we have become the leading supplier to the café bar industry, offering creative beverage solutions and menu category management. We’ve been voted the ‘Best Food and Non-coffee Supplier in Europe’ at the prestigious Allegra awards two years running. Exporting to over 50 countries we continue to grow, thrive and lead in the industry we love.
We now manufacture our range of Sweetbird Syrups exclusively in our very own bespoke production facility in Bristol and due to continued growth are now in a position to add a keen Technical individual with advanced HACCP knowledge and an excellent understanding of BRC v8 to our operations team. This role is pivotal in order to drive the necessary requirements to successfully obtain BRC accreditation and assist the business in achieving its strategic ambitions.
In this role your primary responsibility will be to ensure Beyond the Bean meet all requirements of BRC v8 and along with the Food Safety & Quality Manager, assist with the continued development and implementation of a food safety and quality management strategy for the Beyond the Bean manufacturing and warehousing facility. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced technical professional to join a rapidly expanding business in a buzzing environment as part of newly invigorated technical function striving towards technical excellence.
- The candidate with have extensive technical product and process knowledge with a HND or Degree in food related subject.
- Must have an excellent understanding of all requirements of BRC v8 and an ability to demonstrate the same.
- An understanding of retailer codes of practice is desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical understanding of quality management systems.
- Advanced understanding of HACCP with a working knowledge of TACCP & VACCP and an ability to demonstrate their practical application.
- Extensive knowledge of technical remit.
- Seasoned negotiator and influencer at the most senior levels of business (internally and externally).
- Team builder and developer with a willingness to be a hands-on member of our team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate to advanced level.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving in a timely fashion.
- Positive/personable attitude at all times.
- Ownership and responsibility for achieving personal growth and development for the team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV accompanied by a covering letter to: Nick Donnelly, Head of Technical Operations, on email@example.com